Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lesson of life

I found a blog titled My Journey to Recovery that makes me interested at once. A blog by Noor Azman Othman GBE from Kuala Kangsar, Perak, Malaysia. I mean really interested, in positive sense. First I like his blog's display, wanna learn that kinda blogging. He looks like a master blogging to me....

Above the shining blog he has, I also like things he writes in his blog. Feels like I know him well before. As I can read the stories I've heard before. A story told by my Rangga--thats the way I called him long ago--. This Rangga is someone in my past who still lingers, even today.

Several times, Rangga told me his story as a "putau" (Indonesian term for low quality heroin) addict. And reading the blog, refresh my memory. Rangga recovers, but he suffers very much as now he has this deadly virus caused by sharing needles among his peers, the IDUs. Not only that, he is now counting down the days as the oppotunistic infection getting stronger attacking his vulnerable health.

Rangga stepped aside from my life, but I do the contrary. Keep in touch with him is a very important thing for me. And up to this moment, I kept being selfish for always hangin' around his days. He teaches me one great lesson in life, from him I know life is a treasure.

Following the journey of Noor Azman Othman, lits a light in my heart. A light I really hope to share with Rangga.


4 comments:

Shadow said...

thanks for your kind message on my blog. i was also very interested to read your last post. i love noor's blog too.

Ithoy said...

Love your poem in the blog...
I've tried to make one, but couldn't make it sounds good with a nice rhyme like yours :)

ArahMan7 said...

Ithoy!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm just an ordinary person like you. Nothing special about me, just another addict.

I see you have written to Shadow too. Good for you. Come back again. BTW, love reading your blog too.

Keep on blogging. One day at a time.

Ithoy said...

Salam kenal Pak Cik..